COVID-19 Tax Season 2020
Keeping your office safe, sanitary, and productive as you help your clients process their returns during COVID-19
Be Safe Social Distancing
- When possible, avoid face-to-face client meetings
Consider having clients drop off documents in a secure box in your front lobby.
- Limit the number of people who congregate in waiting rooms
Remove every other chair to enhance the space between clients to 6′ or more.
- Utilize CrossLink Remote Tools
Remote Signature Capture & TaxPass are available for all CrossLink 1040 Desktop customers. These tools enable you to capture client data, documents, and signatures all from a remote device.
Communicate Reach Out to Your Clients
- Let clients know you’re open for business
Utilize CrossLink’s List of Non-Returning Clients to call clients who you have not yet seen this year and let them know that you are prepared to complete their returns with little-to-no in-person contact.
Remote Access Have a Plan... Just in Case
- If needed, you do have options for individuals, or even the whole office, to work remote
- CrossLink 1040 Desktop users can unplug their computer and take to a remote location
- Use a 3rd party Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) software to access your office computer’s locally installed version of CrossLink 1040 software from your home PC or laptop. Including:
- Zoho Assist
- Connectwise Control
- Remote Utilities for Windows
- LogMeIn Pro
- Move your CrossLink license to a home PC via serial reset
COVID-19 Tax Tips & Tools
Filing a “Simple” Return to Receive the Economic Impact Payment
CARES Act and Other Things to Know for Next Year Tax
COVID-19: A message to our customers
COVID-19: Tax Office Tips for Finishing the Season Strong
IRS COVID-19 Updates
Additional Things to Know About the Economic Impact (Stimulus) Payment
IRS Launches “Get My Payment” Online Tool
IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief page
IRS unveils new People First Initiative; COVID-19 effort temporarily adjusts, suspends key compliance program